Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Rainbow Honey: May Mystery Monthly Subscription Bag - mini

http://www.rainbowhoney.com/

Here is a cool new Monthly Subscription Box that I found last month via Ipsy! It is from Rainbow Honey. If you are unfamiliar with this brand, this is what they say about themselves: "Our products are designed and made in the US at the Rainbow Honey Lab in Clifton, New Jersey. Always free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, and Dibutyl Phthalate (the “big 3”), 100% vegan and cruelty free."

You can order the monthly subscription in a mini or a full size. I subscribed to the mini size. I was unsure at first if that meant that I would receive less items, or if it would be smaller portions. However, to answer that question: I received all the same items as the full size subscribers but in smaller portions. 

I received the May Mystery Bag today! I just had to get this post up ASAP when I saw all the little goodies I received:

In the May bag, I got:
  • 'Waves' (5mL) Nail Polish: "From our upcoming collection, this glass-flecked shimmer sparkles in turquoise and gold!"
  • 'Petit Four' (5mL) Nail Polish: "Dee's hard at work on a collection of confections, so let us know what you think of this one!"
  • 'Neon Blossom' (5mL) Nail Polish: "Summer Blossom's 2014 incarnation brings us flowers and glitter in eye-popping hues!"
  • Lip Balm (.15oz.) in 'Enter Lime': "Our nourishing lip balm in an effervescently sweet limeade flavor!"
  • Perfume Rollerball (2mL) in 'Summer Juice': "The long awaited return of our Summer Juice scent, in perfume for the first time!"
  • Shea Butter Soap (14 grams) in 'Summer Juice': "If you love this scent as much as we do, you'll love this handcrafted moisturizing soap!"
 First, I gave the nail polishes a try... duh. Teehee!

Wave
Right to left: 'Neon Blossom' on top of pink & yellow, and 'Wave'
I applied two coats of the 'Neon Blossom' on both fingers, with only some fishing for the flower and heart shaped glitters. The shimmering base is beautiful and covers the nail nicely after placing the glitters. I was so happy to see the pop of neon color of this polish when I opened the package for the first time!

I applied two coats of 'Wave' on the last two fingers. I LOVE the formula for 'Wave', it is sheer for the first coat, but quickly became opaque in the second coat. It is so wonderful and sparkly with micro flakies, with a blue-green and gold duochrome nature.

Index Finger Undie:
C454D Lavender Creme by Wet n Wild Wild Shine

Middle Finger Undie:
Neon Caution by Studio M. (Meijer Brand sold in Midwest)

'Petit Four'
I applied three coats of 'Petit Four' on my thumb. I enjoyed the creme with the neon glitters, and minimal fishing was needed, however (in my opinion) the formula was a bit thin for my liking. It was packed full of nice little green, orange, bright pink, and coral hexes, circles and square glitters of all sorts of sizes. An adorable yellow (leaning to the pastel shade) shimmering creme, a sure pick for Summer!

I went back and applied 'Wave' to all of my fingers because it was my favorite. I also played around with some decals that I got from Disturbed Potions (review in the future) about a week ago, to make my own little "wave" on my accent finger, using "LTR" by Super Nails


I used my own "LTR" (Super Nails) and 'Wave'
Don't you just love this shade! Can't stop staring at my nails!

I tried the lip balm out, and it had a very slight scent of lime and then something else. There was a different smell to it, and to be honest, I didn't really like it. Not sure what it was, but other than the odd smell, the balm wore nicely. It lasted a long time, and my lips feel smooth after applying it just one time. 

I can't wait to use the soap. It is the same scent as the fragrance rollerball, and I LOVE it. It is called "Summer Juice," so I tried to decipher what it could be. I decided that it might be PiƱa Colada, (because it smells like a combination of pineapple, coconut and lime.) A real bright, fruity smell! Only time will tell to what the scent is exactly, as other bloggers post what they think it smells like, or if Rainbow Honey tells us when they launch the scent on their website.



I paid $12.95 total ($10 + $2.95 to ship) for the 6 items, and I say it was totally worth it! They send new and upcoming items, instead of dumping old and clearance items into their subscription mystery bags. Click this link to subscribe for next month's bag! Or if you want to get your hands on the same exact products for May, click on this link!

Here are Rainbow Honey's other social media links:

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoyed reading my review! Let me know what you think!




*This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. The products mentioned have been purchased with my own money, as part of a monthly subscription box.*

No comments:

Post a Comment