Monday, May 26, 2014

Manicure Monday - Cutting Edge - 5/26/14

It is finally Summer! No more college classes, homework and deadlines... June is coming around the corner, and the warm days are here to stay!

Memorial Day is not just another day off of work. Memorial Day is a special day to decorate the graves of loved ones and to remember and thank the brave men and women who died while serving in the country's armed forces. Memorial Day is for spending with your friends and family who surround you, and make new memories while enjoying the new Summer's heat after a long, cold Winter.

Memorial Day also marks the first day of Summer in my town, when tourists start coming to the area to enjoy their vacations. Stores are no longer closed on Sundays, and hours are extended into the evening. During the Winter and Spring months, the town seems empty. Memorial Day brings in the town's annual events and festivals, attracts the Summer residents back to their vacation homes, and livens up the town with tourism and jump starts the local economy.

This inspired me to jump start the local indie-polish economy by supporting and promoting nail polish makers. It's not much, but I hope it can introduce you to some new companies you may not ave heard of before. Check out their stores and find very unique colors and glittering combinations.

I would like to begin my own version of "Manicure Monday", where I will write about some special nail polishes that I have bought from indie companies around the polish community. I have continued to grow my indie polish collection over the last few months with this project in mind.


https://www.etsy.com/shop/cuttingedgepolish

Today I am wearing a polish called "Deep Love", by Cutting Edge Polish. The owner of this company is Sara, who tells us in her Etsy Shop About section that she is a mother of 5, and: "with my love of polish I am trying to make awareness about self harming, and I will be working on a line of polish directed at getting help for people who self harm."

"Deep Love" by Cutting Edge Nails
"Deep Love" is a black jelly packed full of neon pink squares, silver hearts and silver holographic microglitters. I applied one thin coat over Pure Ice: Black Rage.

"Deep Love" was very easy to apply, and the glitters came right out onto the brush with zero fishing.

Flash Photo to see the holographic nature of the polish!
Along with her beautiful hand blended nail polishes, she also sells Nail Art Tools and Nail Decals in her Etsy shop. According to the shop front page, Cutting Edge Polish is based out of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Shipping is available only to United States addresses.

Her social media links include:

Facebook
Twitter

I have bought several of Sara's polishes, so you will see another post on my blog in the future reviewing the rest of them!

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoyed reading my review! Visit her shop and comment on this blog post what your favorite Cutting Edge Polish is!



*This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. The products mentioned have been purchased with my own money.*

No comments:

Post a Comment