Saturday, March 1, 2014

Review on Pop Culture Cosmetics - Retired polishes

So I decided to start my indie polish swatching with Pop Culture Cosmetics. I have 7 polishes from her, which I bought mostly in the beginning of 2013, so the polishes I have swatched are no longer being made and sold by Pop Culture Cosmetics, but they are still a good representation of her little goodies.

My collection consists of:

"Tantrums and Tiaras" - glitter topper from 2012 (won't be pictured)

"Boo to You" - glitter topper from Halloween 2012

This glitter topper is a clear base with orange and purple hexes and squares, green hexes, orange and purple and green stars, and two sizes of black dots.

Here are the colors I used as undies for "Boo to You"
 I used 4 coats over the undies listed in the photo above. 


"5 Golden Rings" - shimmering glitter topper from Christmas collection 2012

 
This glitter topper is a clear golden shimmering base with holographic gold hexes in two sizes, and holographic gold bars.
Here are the colors I used as undies for "5 Golden Rings"
 I used 2 coats over the undies listed in the photo above. 


"Shamrock Shake" - shimmering glitter topper from St. Patrick's Day 2013
 
 
This glitter topper is a clear green shimmering base with green glitters of all colors, shades, shapes, and sizes, including iridescent glitters.
Here are the colors I used as undies for "Shamrock Shake"
I used 2 coats over the undies listed in the photo above. 

 

"In Bloom" - shimmering glitter topper from Spring 2013


This glitter topper is a clear iridescent shimmering base with blue dots, pastel pink and green and blue hexes, and yellow and red and pink daisies.
Here are the colors I used as undies for "In Bloom"
I used 2 coats over the undies listed in the photo above.  


"Dream Dust" - glow in the dark cream (2013)

This polish is an off-white glow in the dark base with dark green crescent moons, black hexes and diamonds, and green hexes and squares.



Here are the colors I used as undies for "Dream Dust"

I used 2 coats over the undies listed in the photo above. You can see the glow in the dark worked best on the nude nail.



"Harvest" - thermal crelly from Fall 2013
This polish is a thermal polish, which is a brown base with orange and gold shimmer, and turns black when cold, and burnt orange when hot. I used two coats of the polish in my manicure.

The colors I used as undies for "Harvest" You can see the polish is brown when in between hot and cold. 
The color when it is hot is almost black.
The color the polish is when hot is like a burnt orange.
Below I posted a video of the polish going from Cold to Hot. The pinky nail is with a black undie, so that is why it appears like it doesn't change colors. 


Pros: I like the shimmering bases from Pop Culture Cosmetics the best, like "In Bloom" and "Shamrock Shake". I really like how Pop Culture Cosmetics included 2-3 steel balls in each of the bottles. My favorites are "Dream Dust" and "Harvest", because the glow in the dark is great in this formula, and I always love thermals!

Cons: Her glitter toppers (at least the ones I have from a few years ago) are a little bit thin for my liking, and the glitters sink to the bottom easily, which also makes it very difficult to fish for the glitters and can be frustrating. The shimmering bases help suspend the glitters better, though. And I see that she makes a lot more creams and jellies now, so I think her formula may have improved since the release of these polishes I swatched. I will have to find out for myself!

Here is a link to her shop, and a link to her Facebook, where you can get her updates about coupons, sales, new polish releases, and giveaways!

If you liked what I did here, let me know or give me some suggestions of what you'd like to see in the future, in the comments section below! Thanks so much for reading! ❤



*This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. The products mentioned have been purchased with my own money.*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment