Friday, March 21, 2014

March Ipsy Glam Bag

Hello! I have just received my first Ipsy Glam Bag ever! I received the March Bag a couple days ago, since I had been on Spring vacation in Washington, D.C. last week and had my mail on hold. So to get down to it!

Included in the March Ipsy Glam Bag was:

  • Nicole by OPI Roughles ("ruffles") in "On What Grounds?"
  • bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in "Get Ready"
  • Be a Bombshell Eyeshadow Palette in "Bora Bora"
  • Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer
Nicole by OPI Roughles in "On What Grounds?"
I LOVE the textured Nicole by OPI nail polish! It is a creamy light turquoise blue, and had flecks of dark blue, and maybe black and grey in there, too.  It totally looks like a speckled Robin's egg!

I love using textured polishes on my toes in the summer because they seem to last longer than other polishes for me.

The only negative is that I had cut down all my nails for my vacation... and I had to take these pictures with nubby nails! Sorry!

bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in "Get Ready"
I am NOT a lipstick girl. At all. I actually ended up giving this lipstick to my mom. It seemed like a color that would go really well with her skin. My skin is super pale, and lipstick makes me look like the Joker! Eeek! I tried the lipstick on my hand, to show a swatch of it, and it glided on nicely. Such a pretty warm red-pink.

Be a Bombshell Eyeshadow Palette in "Bora Bora"
This palette of four eye shadows is gorgeous. I can definitely tell you that I will be using the brown and the gold shade a lot in the future! Brown and gold look real nice with my blue eyes. The turquoise blue shade is nice as a subtle splash of color. The rusty red shade would look nice on someone with darker skin than mine, and maybe somebody with brown eyes? With my skin tone, it washes me out. All of the colors are shimmery and great for summer.

Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer
Since my skin tone is super pale, I think this primer would look nice as a highlighter on my cheeks. It is a light tan color, with shimmering glitters that catches the light and looks great with full make up on. I am going to use this more for a night-out on the town look, on my cheeks under my usual peach blush with smoky eye-shadow.
 ~~

Overall, I would say that this Ipsy Glam Bag was a huge success! I paid $10 total for the month, including shipping, and after I visited each brand's website, and added the product costs up, I think I received over $50 in merchandise in this Glam Bag! The Ipsy website says that this month's Glam Bag was $30 in products, but the picture shows a different shadow palette and a lotion in place of the primer that I received. So I'm pretty sure the products that I received are worth over $50.

I would highly recommend this monthly beauty subscription, especially if you like to experiment around with new brands, new colors, and different products. Ipsy has you fill out a beauty profiling quiz, and they choose which products they think fits you best each month. It is the cheapest monthly subscription box that I could find, and even if you're like me and subscribe just for the nail polish, it still pays for itself because you get a polish that retails for around $8 anyways. For the other $2 you pay, you get some makeup and free shipping! Not to mention, the makeup pouch with a different designer print that you get each month.

If you think you would like to try the Ipsy Glam Bag and receive your own 4-5 beauty products each month, follow this link to give me referral points: http://www.ipsy.com/r/7v8m 

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoyed reading my review! ❤



*This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. The products mentioned have been purchased with my own money, as part of a monthly subscription box.*
 




I thought I would share a photo of me on Spring Break in front of the White House in Washington, D.C. - that's why this review was delayed!

No comments:

Post a Comment